Thursday, September 9, 2010

Meet My Favorite Makeup Artist Pat McGrath



Name: Pat McGrath
Age: 37
Job: Editorial and fashion makeup artist; creative design director for P&G Beauty, which includes Covergirl, Max Factor, and SK-II
Neighborhood: West Village

Who's your favorite New Yorker, living or dead, real or fictional?
Quentin Crisp.

What's the best meal you've eaten in New York?
All the food at Extra Virgin on Little West 4th.

In one sentence, what do you actually do all day in your job?
Put makeup on, take makeup off, design makeup.

Where do you get your coffee?
Starbucks.

What's the last thing you saw on Broadway?
Grey Gardens.

Do you give money to panhandlers?
Sometimes, yes.

What's your drink?
Grasshopper.

How often do you prepare your own meals?
When I feel inspired.

What's your favorite medication?
Advil for the headaches I get from the bright lights and Dornomyl for flying.

What's hanging above your sofa?
Nothing.

How much is too much to spend on a haircut?
I have really wonderful friends who trim my hair regularly.

When's bedtime?
When I’m working, around 10, and when I’m off, 4 a.m.

Brunch: pro or con?
Pro.

What's your thread count?
1,000.

What do you hate most about living in New York?
How could you hate NY?!!

What's your brand of jeans?
I don't wear jeans.

When's the last time you drove a car?
In November, driving in L.A.

Who should be the next president?
Oprah Winfrey.

Times, Post, or Daily News?
All of them. I’m a woman of excess.

Yankees or Mets?
Both of them in that order.

What makes someone a New Yorker?
Attitude is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment